Monday, July 11, 2011

if you please

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



I love finding new music. There's just something about listening to new notes and chords that are put together so beautifully, in a way you've never heard before. A few months ago, I came across The Civil Wars. At first, I thought it was too folky, but after listening to it a few times, I now have to say it's one of my favourite albums. The lyrics are gorgeous and have touched my heart in many ways over the past little while, especially the one I included above, To Whom It May Concern.
Hope you take a time out on this monday and enjoy a little tunage!

"In some ways, music doesn’t get much more modest or minimalist than it is in the hands of The Civil Wars, a duo comprised of California-to-Nashville transplant Joy Williams and her Alabaman partner, John Paul White. They travel without a backup band, and on their first full-length album, Barton Hollow, the bare-bones live arrangements that fans hear on the road are fleshed out with just the barest of acoustic accoutrements. Each song is an intimate conversation, and no third wheels or dinner-party chatter are going to interrupt that gorgeous, haunting hush." – by Chris Willman

Photos via The Civil Wars Facebook Fan Page, Video via Youtube

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin